Wednesday, September 9, 2015
When we look around the world or even just around our town we can see many different religions. When I look around I see a lot of people worshiping money or possessions to satisfy themselves. People think that lots of money will make their lives better because they will be able to buy anything they want. The same thing happens with possessions, a person will buy or keep more than they need just because they want to own lots of items. People usually worship things because they might not be religious or they might do it without even knowing. I would say that I personally worship athletes, and video games. I would say that I worship athletes because of how big of a fan I am good athletes. When I played sports I always tried to play like them and take all the glory for myself and not give it to God. I also praise video games in a way that keeps me from spending more time with God through reading the Bible or worship. Even if it doesn't seem like I am praising the video games it is taking time away from God and discover my meaning in God. I hope that through my years here at Dordt I can find more ways to worship God, and how to better spend my time. I can already feel myself growing closer to God just by going to chapel and through my classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment